Household detergents. Detergency determining method. SUC MIP 71.100-210:2007
This method is applicable to dishwashing detergents.
1.The procedure begins with an application of greasy dirt at a specially prepared plate with a very smooth surface, and then it’s weighed (for a record – how much grease was applied).
2. Then, each plate is baked for 8 minutes in a special oven at a temperature above 200 ºC in order to make the grease stick better to the surface of the plates.
3. The plates are cooled to room temperature.
4. Then these plates are separately put in plastic containers, filled with water (30 ºC) and put on a special vibrating table. The table performs linear motion (left/right moving) with a predetermined frequency, simulating the process of washing plates.
|The plates after the washing cycle|
5. When the washing process is finished, the plates are removed from the container, dried and weighed (to determine how much grease remains on the glass).
6. Then the result of the cleaning process is evaluated, comparing the ratio of the amount of remaining grease to the initial amount of grease.
Each test is carried out several times in order to check the accuracy of the analysis.
This method is widely used to compare the quality of the different types of dishwashing detergents and determine which one is better.
The material was kindly provided by the Head of Testing Laboratory at the research and development center VNIICHIMPROEKT Zhukovskaya L.A.Related articles: